Friday, June 24, 2011

Well this morning I set out with some boxes of a variety of gluten free food in my car to restock the gf food pantry at Mission Joplin (a ministry of forest Park Baptist Church)I was surprised to find that they had moved it to a different area. I spoke to several of the volunteers there and they are all gluten free savvy and definitely are only giving that food to those people that need gluten free. They are getting coolers in the room where our food is and so if we need to keep something cooler we would be able to store that there. I was also surprised to see that about half the food had been used. They said they have had several families who have needed gluten free. So we filled in the gaps with a variety of foods that generous people and groups had sent.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rita, I wanted to make a donation. Where do I send it to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. to Browneyed girl who asked where to send donations.
    If you would like to send a donation of gluten free food please email us at glutenfreejoplin@gmail.com
    and i will send you our address.
    Thanks for helping, Rita G

    ReplyDelete