Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday

Rain threatened all day but we managed to get through it without any. That is a good thing as so many are still trying to pull out cherished possessions from the heaps of rubble that was once their home.
I went to The Bridge here in the south end of Joplin, where many of the volunteer organizations are set up. At their food tent I left my name and contact information in case they had Celiac's looking for gluten free food. I was told that they did have a couple people looking yesterday. It makes me so sad to think of people who are not able to get what they need to eat. I also left my info in the main information area of the Bridge itself.
Then I went on to Forest Park Baptist Church to check on the Gluten -free Pantry we set up Sunday. I made a list of what was needed and straightened it up a bit. The Udi's Granola and the Lundberg Chips that were there seemed to have been especially popular as there was not much left. A couple workers told me that it was a wonderful idea to have the gluten free food there for those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment