Saturday, August 27, 2011

We are past the three month mark now since the the E-5 tornado swept away about a third of Joplin.
I am sure that I have mentioned this in so many of my posts but I must say it again. the Celiac community have been very generous to those affected by the tornado in Joplin and much gluten free food has been sent to me to distribute to the gluten intolerant in our group and in our area. But now these past few weeks the deliveries have stopped so our work is about done here I am thinking. I bought some gf food again today at one of the local health food stores for the food pantry and i have enough to do that a few more times. I think we can keep the gf shelves at Mission Joplin going a little longer. Because we are listed on RebuildJoplin.org there are Celiacs going to Mission Joplin for gluten free food and that is why we have food there in addition to what has been given from our home. We are grateful to Barbara Hicks from the Branson?Kimberling City Celiac Support Group and also Johnna Perry from Kansas City who have been such an encouragement to me and to the Celiacs in Joplin. Several of the ladies in our support group here"Southwest Missouri Celiac Support Group " have helped me in a number of ways . It has been an opportunity for me to get to know our group so much better and I am looking forward to our upcoming meeting on the 3rd Saturday of September. Good afternoon all.

No comments:

Post a Comment